Advanced Git, methodologies and workflows
Every month there are a few training classes scheduled at areas where many hi-tech companies have offices to make it easier for all the employees to attend the courses. This course is currently scheduled:
- On 2019.04.28-29 09:00-12:30 in Alon building, Yigal Alon St 94, Tel Aviv registration!
- QA engineers
- DevOps engineers
- Automation engineers
- Assuming that the audience already knows the basics of git: (commit, log, push, pull, branch, merge)
- Bring your own computer where you already have Git-SCM installed and where you have the rights to install new software.
- Be able to use the advanced features of Git. Understand the various methodologies and be able to use them in the appropriate situations.
- 8 academic hours. (Two half-days)
- The course is given in Hebrew with slides and materials in English.
- Advanced commands
- stash, to allow for quick switching of work.
- rebase, to make history smoother.
- bisect, to quickly find the change that broke the code.
- Interactive commit
- Interactive rebase
- Introducing several methodologies, discussing the advantages and disadvantages of them.
- Single master centralized workflow.
- Short feature branches.
- Long feature branches with frequent rebase.
- GitFlow (feature branches, bug-fix branches, development branch, release branch)
- Forking workflow with multiple remote repositories.
- Working with Pull-requests.
Contact: Gabor Szabo email@example.com