- Tech Leaders
- QA engineers
- DevOps engineers
- Automation engineers
- Understanding of Linux
- Basic Administrative knowledge of Linux
- At least 1 year of experience in the software development world.
- Bring a computer where you have rights to install new software.
- Understand what problems Docker solves.
- Understand when Docker might not be the appropriate solution.
- Be able to create basic Docker images.
- Be able to run Docker containers
- 8 academic hours. (Two half-days)
- The course is given in Hebrew with slides and materials in English.
- Introduction to Docker
- Why use Docker?
- What is Docker?
- How can Docker bridge the gap between Developers, QA, and Operations?
- Installing Docker on Windows, MacOSX, Linux
- Public Docker Images
- Docker Registry / Docker HUB
- Difference between a Docker Image and a Docker Container
- Docker Daemon (Server), Client
- Running the first Docker container
- Run a Docker container - Hello World!
- Download a docker image (pull)
- Docker on the command line
- List docker containers
- Cleaning up the dead containers.
- Remove docker container
- Name a docker container
- List docker images
- Remove docker images
- Create a Docker image manually
- Use the Ubuntu Docker image
- Use the CentOS Docker image
- Install packages in the container
- Create files on the container
- Stop container
- Restart container
- Copy file from container
- Create image from container
- Distribute command line script in an image
- Create a Docker image using Dockerfile
- Create a simple image
- Distributing a command-line application.
- Accessing the disk on the host system.
- Tagging an image
- Docker compose
- Run several Docker images at once
- Rebuild docker image when running with docker-compose
- Run multi-host applications using docker-compose.
- Create an image in the repository (from github)
- Networking with docker-compose
- Dockerfile commands
- The Python track
- Distributing a web application. Flask
- Distribute a web application Flask + Nginx
- Distribute a web application Flask + Nginx + MongoDB
- Mapping ports of the Docker image and the local system.
- Use cases for Docker
- Distributing a pre-configured system.
- Distributing a database system.
Contact: Gabor Szabo firstname.lastname@example.org