Getting started with Linux in a local virtual environment
- QA engineers
- DevOps engineers
- Automation engineers
- General understanding how computers work.
- Bring your own computer where you already have VirtualBox installed and where you have the rights to install new software.
- Have a Linux distribution on the computer brought by the participant
- Be able to use bacis commands in the Linux shell.
- Have directions on how to further learn about the Linux shell.
- Understand what is Unix/Linux.
- Understand the Open Source development model.
- 8 academic hours. (Two half-days)
- The course is given in Hebrew with slides and materials in English.
- Install a Linux distribution on the computer brought by the participant
- Linux with GUI - short review of Linux as a desktop computer.
- Create users.
- Install new software.
- Update existing software.
- Open the terminal.
- Access linux from another computer (ssh, putty)
- Create, edit, move, copy, and remove files and directories.
- grep, pipe
- less, cat, find, wc
- du, df, free, gzip, tar
- Process management ps, htop, jobs, bg, fg
- Environment variables, PATH, etc.
Contact: Gabor Szabo firstname.lastname@example.org