Testing and test-automation in Python
Every month there are a few training classes scheduled at areas where many hi-tech companies have offices to make it easier for all the employees to attend the courses. This course is currently scheduled:
- On 2019.04.30-05.01 09:00-12:30 in HaShahar Building, Ariel Sharon St 4, Giv'atayim registration!
- QA engineers
- DevOps engineers
- Automation engineers
- At least 1 year experience programming in Python.
- Bring your own computer where you already have Python installed and where you have the rights to install new software.
- Be able to write unit, integration, and acceptance tests in Python.
- Understand regression testing.
- Understand Continuous Integration and how to use it with Python.
- Be able to test various types of application: web based, CLI, databases (both SQL, and NoSQL), cloud-based (AWS, GCP)
- 8 academic hours. (Two half-days)
- The course is given in Hebrew with slides and materials in English.
- Short review of rhe Unit-test package and doctest.
- Getting started with testing: top-down and bottom-up.
- The rest of the course covers Pytest:
- Test a module
- Capture Standard output and standard error
- Skipping irrelevant tests
- Tests that are expected to fail
- Setup and teardown methods
- Creating your own fixtures
- Separating test executions
- Parallel test run
- Testing web applications
- Creating and understanding test coverage
- Faking an external API
- Testing error conditions
- Verifying the proper exceptions are raised.
- Testing how the application behaves when a third-party API breaks.
- Faking random numbers for testing
Contact: Gabor Szabo firstname.lastname@example.org